- THE MINDFUL WAY WORKSHOP : FREE YOURSELF FROM DEPRESSION AND EMOTIONAL DISTRESS
Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy or MBCT is an innovative program that combines cognitive therapy with mindfulness meditation. Participants will learn skills and techniques to identify negative moods such as depression, anxiety and stress and to develop the tools to effectively deal with them.
MBCT has been clinically proven to be at least as effective as drugs for depression and provides equivalent protection against depressive relapse. Research has shown that MBCT can also benefit people suffering from anxiety and other emotional problems such as excessive worry, panic, irritability, anger, ADHD and stress related physical symptoms.
“What we’re trying to get people to do is to anchor themselves in their experience so that when a negative emotion comes up in the mind, it can wash over them; it doesn’t bring to mind all of the negative associations that for some people can happen very automatically.” Zindel Segal, co-founder of MBCT The Mindful Way Through Depression Video
DATES: FRIDAY OCTOBER 24th – DECEMBER 12th 2:00-4pm. Retreat on Sunday, November 30th, 9:30am -3:30pm
- We hold our MBCT classes in North York – 3080 Yonge Street (at Lawrence) once a week for 8 weeks. Each class is 2 hours long. There is also a one-day retreat on a weekend at about week 6.
- Free consultation: before the classes start, we meet with you to help you make sure that the program will be beneficial for you.
- Training materials, CDs, MP3s and workbooks, are free for participants.
- The cost for the program is $385 for the 8 week workshop (Those with extended health insurance may be covered for some or all of this cost under psychological services).
- MBCT Flyer – 2014
- Online Payment – EventBrite
Larry Borins MSW, RSW is a psychotherapist in private practice in Toronto. He holds a Masters degree from Wurzweiler School of Social Work, Yeshiva University. In addition, Larry has trained in Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Mindfulness Based Interventions and Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy and uses these modalities to help his clients get out of the vicious cycles of negative emotions, recognize destructive patterns, find deeper connections, and explore new options for positive change.
|To Register please call 416-546-5511 or e-mail email@example.com|